[Freeciv-Dev] Re: CVS crash dd. Mon Jan 7 (PR#647)

To: reinpost@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: CVS crash dd. Mon Jan 7 (PR#647)
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08 Jan 2001 12:37:00 +0100

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, reinpost@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The server (civserver.freecv.org port 5550) crashed while generating
> the map; my client crashed as well.  Several players were connected,
> some with standatd 1.11.4 clients I think.
>
> The core backtrace showed the following SEGV:
>
> #0  0x808e7da in map_get_special (x=31, y=35) at map.c:1091
> 1091        return (map.tiles+map_adjust_x(x)+y*map.xsize)->special;
>
> The core file has been wiped, I'll make sure they will be preserved
> in the future.

Do you still have the backtrace, though?  Finding out where
map_get_special() was called with bogus arguments is much more helpful
than just knowing that it happened.

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
"DARK SHADOWS" is on!!  Hey, I think the VAMPIRE forgot his UMBRELLA!!