[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: cleanup -- client/gui-gtk/citydlg.c

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: cleanup -- client/gui-gtk/citydlg.c
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 16:42:00 -0500

Thue <thue@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Rather than raising the number of citizens show beside each other you
should draw as many as you need overlapping (like in civ 2). That should be fairly simple to implement, just make one pixmap, and draw
the number of heads you need with an offset from the left edge. <snip>

This number is only for the citizen display in the city dialog window (which is not my code) and I chose 35 because there is just enough room for it inside the window (well if I add another button at the bottom, as I am actually going to do, there should be enough room for 40+). It is certainly possible to have even bigger cities but it would be extremely rare.

But thanks for the tip, because it could be very useful for the happiness display (which is not coded yet).

Mike