[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: cleanup -- client/gui-gtk/citydlg.c

To: mike_jing@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: cleanup -- client/gui-gtk/citydlg.c
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 15:21:46 -0600

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 04:06:15PM -0500, Mike Jing wrote:
> I am planning to add a happiness display to the city dialog, but first I
> decided to clean up the code a little bit before adding anything new.  I
> added missing function prototypes and made static all functions that are
> referenced only in this file.  I also raised NUM_CITIZENS_SHOWN to 35
> because 25 is certainly not big enough for the super city builders.

        35 isn't big enough either.  This should be at least 45, and
probably 50.  Without massive special terrain contributions, I don't think
you can get much above 45.
        21 tiles @ grasslands == 42 food, full improvements == another 42,
and food trade routes (yeah, right) and specials add a few more.

        I haven't looked at the code to see what this affects, yet.

        Without Fundamentalism Government, the massive city strategy is a
little less useful.  With Fundamentalism, it's just horribly gross.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"And they said work hard, and die suddenly, because it's fun."