[Freeciv-Dev] Re: MacOS X?(!)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Black Andrew W <blackaw@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: MacOS X?(!)
From: Jed Davis <jldavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 18:27:19 -0500

--On Monday, 1 January 2001 12:06 PM -0800 Black Andrew W <blackaw@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

I've been working geting freeciv working on the classic mac OS.  As far as
I know, the toolbox calls I've been using are part of cocoa.

Those would be part of Carbon, the mostly-compatibility layer for the old Mac Toolbox and friends, not Cocoa (a.k.a. Foundation and AppKit), the NeXTish Objective-C class libraries unique, among Mac OSes, to X.

--Jed, without free time to work on a Mac client, alas...

When I get
back to school, I'll upload the latest source files I have to my page
(http://www.geocities.com/chswizard/MFC/).  Some parts work, I think.
Most of the code is 1.4.x vintage because I was focusing on trying to get
networking working using open transport. If you have questions, e-mail me.
I think I have the networking running, but I haven't been able to test it.

Andy Black
Mac Port Manager