Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Patch: limit on usable luxury

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Patch: limit on usable luxury
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 01:46:45 -0500

I read on the forum that in Civ2, the maximum amount of luxury a city could use is 2*citysize, i.e. anything above that has no effect. This is also consistent with my own observation. This small patch implements it in Freeciv.

It should have minimal effect on the current gameplay under default rules. It would only become a problem with increased unhappiness settings. It could also make waging war in Rep/Dem a little more difficult.

Mike