Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: shields after conquer of a city (PR#637)

To: Jan Heidefuss <jan_heidefuss@xxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: shields after conquer of a city (PR#637)
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 21:31:37 +0100

On Wednesday 27 December 2000 19:50, Jan Heidefuss wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If you run the attached savegame with
> freeciv-1.11.5-devel, being "Henryk the Godfearing"
> and then conquering "Gorgoroth" with the Knight on a
> Transport next to it, then the city, immediately after
> conquering is producing an Ironclad (*) with 0/60
> shields. Then changing it to "Harbour", then editing
> the worklist and prepending an "Engineers" to be
> produced yields the city producing "Engineers" with
> 59/40 shields. That ain't right, ain't it?
>
> Jan Heidefuß

Here is a patch.

btw, could we *please* stop a newly conquered city from building things the
owner cannot build. The code say
void raze_city(struct city *pcity)
{
   [...]
  /*  advisor_choose_build(pcity);  we add the civ bug here :)*/
}
I personally don't think we should emulate the civ II bugs too.
(and that code peice needs to be in transfer_city, not raze_city, since
sometimes you transfer a city without razing it)

-Thue