Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Controls on access to specified techs.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Controls on access to specified techs.
From: Jesdyn Flamestrike <jesdynf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 02:53:04 -0600

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 08:31:49AM +0000, Andrew McGuinness wrote:

> this patch.  But wouldn't it be easier if you could specify that,
> say, only races with the attribute "Elvish" can build the
> "Rings of Power" wonder (or whatever), and then give nations
> attributes in the ruleset.

Since the techs represent the sum total of knowledge and ability the race
can possess, putting attributes directly in the techs and granting the techs
to the races seems the right way to go about it.

I guess if you were dying to do it, you could make some "Attribute:
Pointy_Ears_And_Dress_Like_Nancies" command... but all it'd do is grant the
tech to the country.

Besides, aren't the techs bestowed in rulesets?

--
Asher Densmore-Lynn <jesdynf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>