Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] AI again!

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] AI again!
From: 蔡恆華 <iquin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 01:20:43 -0500 (EST)

There have been so much complaints about the AI codes on the list
from time to time. The only way getting out of this (IMHO) would
be to completely rewrite the AI. This is not something could be
done in a week or two. Therefore, the AI need to be independently
developed. Also, different people have different opinion on their
best strategies, thus modifying an AI code from someone else is
very likely to mess it up totally.
Again, I would like to call for client-side AI. We need a stable
protocol or at least a protocol translator which enable coders to
develop their own AIs without fear of future version mismatch.
There have been many attempts to write client AIs but none of them
(AFAICR) can last longer than a few months as it becomes incompatible.

Of course, we can still maintain the current AI until a good new
AI (or even some good new AIs) previals.

Regards,
I.Q.
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com