Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] huts (PR#609)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] huts (PR#609)
From: neptune@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 19:03:22 -0800 (PST)

Full_Name: Jason Griffiths
Version: 1.11.4
Client: Both (or N/A)
OS: linux - server running under slackware 2.0.36
Submission from: (NULL) (203.12.236.20)

At the start of a multiplayer game with a server on a plug-gw and four clients
connecting through two machines, with two clients being DISPLAYed on two further
machines - all running DIFFERENT linux distributions (1 xaw client DISPLAYED on
a debian woody 2.2.14, running from a slackware 2.0.30 kernel, which was also
running an xaw client. These two boxes were connected to the plug-gw by modem.
The other two machines are slackware 2.0.36 kernels, with one machine running
two gtk clients, DISPLAYing one locally and the other on the other box. These
were connected to the plug-gw box via ethernet.), I found that I had an explorer
on a hut from the start. However, when I moved off the hut, then back onto it,
the hut icon remained, and no message got displayed. On the following game turn,
I moved back onto the hut, and the same thing happened. Many turns later, when I
moved a unit near that square, the square was empty. And no message about a huts
contents that could be attributed to that hut came up. I have browsed through
the jitterbug messages, but could find no reference to this problem, but I could
be wrong about this being new - it's hard to work out which section I should be
looking under in jitterbug.

Thanx,
Neptune.