Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv Loader for Windows

To: "Thomas Hawkins" <dacornmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv Loader for Windows
From: Erik Sigra <sigra@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 13:16:40 +0100

måndagen den  6 november 2000 03:27 skrev Thomas  Hawkins:

> I don't know if Thue told anyone but I'm writing a front end loader
> for freeciv.  It's only for Windows since it's in VB but anyone is
> welcome to the code, to convert it if they want too.  Anyway the
> program basically writes a batch file with your custom settings and
> then runs the game with these settings.  So far all it can do is load
> saved games.  It obviously needs a lot of work so if anyone there has
> a master list of command line options and how to set them.  For
> example: "civserver.exe -f t1.sav -set aifill = 7" etc....

Civserver takes the option "-r" and reads a file, for example
"civserver -r settings.script".

settings.script should contain all the commands you would normally type
into the server, for example:

set aifill 7
set dispersion 10
set settlers 3
sett explorers 7
etc...

>   Anywho I'd like to be added to the mailing list as well and give

mailing lists.

> you the address to the Freeciv Loader for Windows.
> http://www.geocities.com/thecornmastervb/
> Just go to the Freeciv link.  I'll have links to
> http://www.freeciv.org there of course.  And I like to inform you of
> a HUGE memory leak in the native windows version.

Don't tell the main development team, tell the people who port Freeciv
to Windows or the people who port GTK+ to Windows. Most of the main
developers don't have Windows anyway so they won't be able to test and
try to fix it.