Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv PB;

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv PB;
From: Sebstian Klasman <samhunt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 11:52:43 +0200 (MEST)

Hi folks,
First: Thanx for all your good work. I´m a great civ fan and like the idea
to play a priceless civ with friends on my favourite OS. :-)

My question is:
As FreeCiv is currently not able to be played by mail (like the commercial
civilization), who much afford is needed to implemend this feature.. Anyone
who thought about that, too??

Okay, I know that sounds silly, but let my explain how I got this idea:
I´m living in germany and a good friend of mine travells for his studies
to the uk. Of course we could meet in the internet to play FreeCiv Online,
but thats to expensive and I had a look at some PBMs like eressa and thought:
WOW!, thats fine, but´s not civ ;-)

So what about putting all game stats after each turn in a single file
(somehow like autosave) and compressing it using some algorithms????

Would like to hear your suggestions on this...

Thanx in advance

Bye

Sebastian