Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: debugging freeciv with ddd or gdb

To: Alain Vicet <alain@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: debugging freeciv with ddd or gdb
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 09:17:57 +0000 (GMT)

> how can I run freeciv with gdb or ddd ?
>
> It seems impossible to have the civserver prompt needed to enter commands

I see no problem here. Did I misunderstand you ?

ham:/tmp> gdb civserver
GNU gdb 5.0
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/civserver
This is the server for Freeciv version 1.11.5-devel
You can learn a lot about Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org/
2: Now accepting new client connections.

For introductory help, type 'help'.
> list
List of players:
<no players>