Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New River Generator

To: Erik Sigra <freeciv@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New River Generator
From: Gerhard Killesreiter <killesreiter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05 Sep 2000 12:41:28 +0200

* "Erik" == Erik Sigra schrieb am Tue, 05 Sep 2000 09:19:54 +0200:

> What do you think? Any interest?

I think it is very nice :) and a huge improvement.

However, if you are ambitious, you could try to incorporate the
feature that rivers tend to split as they approach the ocean. Nearly
all big rivers do have a delta.(Danubia, Nile, Mississippi, ...)
Also, rivers get wider as they approach the ocean.
I do know that these features would require more tiles, but maybe one
can get them by rescaling others.

Just my 2 EUR-¢

Cheers,
        Gerhard