[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Is there interest in an auto-configure GUI app to laun

To: Nathan Gundlach <dagchess@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Is there interest in an auto-configure GUI app to launch freeciv?
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 23:50:02 +0200

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 22:09:24 Nathan Gundlach wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> If you are interested, I will write a Windows/Linux GUI app to set the
settings (in a configuration file, so that they can change with the version and
modpack) for the FreeCiv client and server and launch one or both of them. It
would
use sliders for each setting, except for the option to use text boxes instead.
(Example: data directories.)

> Is there interest?
>
> Suggestions are welcomed. The app would be written in RapidQ.
>
> -- Nathan

Such an app has been on the todo list for a long time.
Just one question: What toolkit is RapidQ? QT? It would be preferable (but not
absolutely neccesary I guess) to use one of those already in use in freeciv, fx
gtk...

-Thue