[Freeciv-Dev] Re: powergraph (was: 'Report' menu)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: powergraph (was: 'Report' menu)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 20:23:47 +0200

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 04:50:17PM +0300, Tuomas Airaksinen wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 09:57:00AM +0200, Reinier Post wrote:
> > > On the subject of reports, is anyone planning to implement the
> > > "Powergraph" that appears on Civ/CivII?
> >
> > I have an implementation for 1.10.0 that I plan to update this week.
> > But it's a standalone application that operates on savefiles.
>
> operates on civscore? That could be attached to civclient/server also..

Actually, one utility generates civscore files from savegames.
The civscore2gnuplot graph generator is just a shell script.

> Also civserver would send that graph when requested (if it was
> allowed in server settings). This sounds ok?

That's the other utility, which generates .ppm maps from savefiles.
This can be incorporated into the server, but what would the server
send the .ppm to?  There could be an option 'also save .ppm maps with
savefiles' but that is kludgy.  If the client is going to display this
information, it would be better to add a new minimap instead.

--
Reinier