[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Against cheating clients: capital patch

To: Freeciv dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Against cheating clients: capital patch
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 08:52:15 +0200

Hi,

Marko Lindqvist wrote:

>  Don't send information to client whether city is capital or not,
> if player has no embassy with owner (and is not the owner).
>
>  First patch is against current CVS, second against my
> packet_short_city.diff patch.
>
>  If only one side of the meeting have embassy with the other (one who
> actually started meeting), it's possible for that other to ask for capital
> city (since (s)he does not know it's capital). Owner of the capital city
> can not accept such treaty.
  **************************

Sorry, I want to comment on something I haven't seen:

Maybe you run into problems here, because the first player get caught,
he cannot accept the treaty, and cannot see why. Maybe you should mark
that treaty clause with the word "(unacceptable)" (on first player's
side
only) I know from my own experience how stupid players can be ;)

If I'm wrong, just ignore my post.

>  Caz

Chris

--
* Christian Knoke                     +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel            Wurtleutetweute 49 *