[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Descriptions for technologies

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Descriptions for technologies
From: Mark Cote <mrcote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 23:51:59 -0400

> The code looks like it's all there to handle techs' helptexts.

> I think it would be great to have descriptions of tech advancements, as
> long as they are not copied from some copyrighted source.  We must be able
> to distribute them under the GPL.

I take it that the descriptions in Civ II are copyrighted?  Just wondering how
that works, exactly, since it's legal to clone it, yet seems to be illegal to
use exact text in some cases.

Anyway, it's pretty much a moot point, since I don't have the game.  I'll
probably just put together some info from a couple encyclopedias.

Mark