[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Why fascism is bad but not communism

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Reed Meyer <rdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Why fascism is bad but not communism
From: Juan Cortes <cortes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:46:25 -0400 (EDT)

 About the Waffen SS. Although, they belonged to Nazi Germany, they had
 a lot volunteers from another nations such as: England, Russia, Wallonia,
Flandes, Italy, The baltic republics, Ukrania, Poland, France, Holland,
Demmark, Armenia, Georgia, Cossaks, Muslim, Indians and Spanish (La
division Azul). Then, the Waffen SS was like a multi-national army
exclusive of the fascist goverments more than the Nazi Germany.

 About the word Fuhrer: We used this word as default because it is more
general. But, in other cases can be changed. As in Chile the communists
 don't use the word comrade, they use companhero that it is not the same.
 The word Fuhrer is related to Jefe or Boss in English. But, in Spain
Franco was "El Caudillo", that have a different meaning.

 On the other hand, I am agree with Reed that for legal reason it is
better that freeciv'll departure from Civ II as soon as possible. If
you have the original, Why do you want a clone?. If the game won't leave
the civ II, the game is commiting plagiarism!!!!. I know that MAME project
 has had problems with this issue. Also, probably will have ROMnet as
Napster had problems with the MP3s.
 In conclusion, Freeciv must evolve or it'll have serious problems, and
bigger than be illegal in Germany for a Svastika....

       Bye Juan