[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [freeciv-data] New Nazi cityset attached [W ARNING CHI

To: Dmitriy Genzel <udgenzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Patrick Schmid <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [freeciv-data] New Nazi cityset attached [W ARNING CHILDREN - THINK TWICE BEFORE OPENING]
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 02:54:23 +0200

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 07:54:47PM -0400, Dmitriy Genzel wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Patrick Schmid wrote:
> Someone asked what the difference is between having communism and
> fascism/nazism.
> Apparently here's the difference: there are apparently far more people
> offended by the second, than there are by the first. That's just a
> practical consideration. I think that overall adding the Fascism patch
> will hurt Freeciv more than it would benefit it: both in terms of
> development and number of users.

With 95% of of offended being Germans.
Without them, numbers could be quite similar.

In this region, it'd be quite easy to find a hundred people who were in
Soviet camps and very hard to find one who was in Nazi camp.
But I don't think one of them would be offended by history.

[cut]
> Now, Fascism (if ideally implemented, again) would involve a group of
> "Higher Race" people living off the backs of the "Lower Race" people.
> Which is not my ideal by any means (besides the fact that of course I
> would be one of the "lower race") even I were of the "Higher" race.

I'd be very very happy to hear what was this ``lower race'' in Italian fascism,
as I don't see one. Anti-semitism was an add-on, maybe important, but only
add-on, not the base of fascism.

Nobody proposed government antisemitism or suchlike or Antisemites nation.