[Freeciv-Dev] Re: About Fascism and compromises

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: About Fascism and compromises
From: Robert Brady <robert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 11:21:03 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Reed Meyer wrote:

>      If you reject the inclusion of the Nazi nation (Nazi being short for
> "Nazi Germany") on ANYTHING but the assertion that it is offensive, then
> you must reject several other nations included in freeciv.
>      For example, because both the Romans and Italians are in there,

They are seperated by 2000 years of history.

> and
> Communist and modern Russia,

Um, we just have 'Russia'.

> you can't reject the Nazi nation based
> on the argument "that's just Germany in a different time period".

Yeah. But we don't actually have any nations which are successor states to
and were succeesed themselves by other nations. For example, we wouldn't
have both Rhodesia and Zimbabwe.

> which comes out of that city.  But this means more changes to the source
> code, and keeping some kind of "tag" along with each unit in addition to
> veteran/non-veteran status.

I don't really mind about the potentially unbalancing effects of Blitzreig
- on civserver, games usually end way earlier than anyone has sufficient
tech to do that.

--
Robert