[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Different Texan Ruleset

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Different Texan Ruleset
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 18:53:01 -0400

Jake Kesinger (kesinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> I suspect the main thing people would find offensive is slavery, but
> that's one of those relative atrocities things again. (And how many
> of the nations currently *never* had slavery?)

The Babylonians and Egyptians used a lot of slavery, too -- but nobody
ever suggested taking them from Freeciv, to my knowledge.  I don't think
it's an issue here.

> If you're referring to the fact that the CSA was once, and is again,
> part of the USA, then Texas has the same problem (formerly Mexico, now
> USA).

CSA = Confederate States of America, right?

> Personally, I'm an American of Northern persuasion (born&raised in
> Washington state), and don't find the CSA offensive.

I'm an Ohioan and I don't think it's offensive, either.

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers