[Freeciv-Dev] How to build a scenario editor?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] How to build a scenario editor?
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 17:05:46 +0200

As I have mentioned I have done some work on a scenario editor; i it's
current state it is only a map editor though (but it works, though you
will need a patched server to use the maps).
It is simply a gtk client with the network stuff and some dialogs removed.
As you will see if you tried it I borrowed some code from the
previous map editor civworld (which can only be build against 1.8.1)

To compile my scenario editor links against
../client/tilespec.o ../client/cityrepdata.o ../client/helpdata.o
../client/climisc.o \ ../server/ruleset.o ../server/savegame.o
../server/meta.o \ ../client/gui-gtk/helpdlg.o
Is that an acceptable way of doing things? Should I migrate what I can
to /common (would require some kludges) and cutNpaste the rest over in the
scenario editor?

What I have got so far is available at
http://hjem.get2net.dk/thue_janus_kristensen/newworld.diff.bz2
just
autoconf && automake && ./configure && make && ./map

You will probably see a ton of half-finished stuff; ignore it for now.

-Thue