[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Fascism and Blitzkrieg-wonder

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Fascism and Blitzkrieg-wonder
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 16:29:58 +0200

On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 03:08:12PM +0200, Mathias Uhlmann wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Sorry if I take up a closed discussion, but it was already "over" when I
> loaded down the mails. And as You will see, this one is really about
> FreeCiv.

But it's partly about its data/ directory.  I have a reply in the works
that will be posted to freeciv-data.

> [...]  But back to the fascism as a form of government.
> So my suggestion is the following. There would be a distinction between
> cities you founded and cities you conquered.
>
> conquered cities:
>   - production is halved
>   - no growth, no grain storage
>   - every field produces one food less
>   - all defensive city improvements are only working with at least 2
> military units in the city
>   - every military unit requires one shield upkeep
>   - city produces no trade
>
> own cities:
>   - production is multiplied with a factor of 1.5
>   - up to 3 military untis require no upkeep
>   - trade is calculated as in monarchy
>
> So the rest of the rules applies to all.
[...]
> So what do you think of it?

Great ideas - maybe some of them can be applied to Fundamentalism as well?

> And now something about the Blitzkrieg-wonder. I don't really understand
> the sense of it.

Gameplay-wise, it makes sense!

> [...]  So Blitzkrieg-technology
> should only give an additional attack  strength of 1 for armors and
> alpine troops and maybe 2 for artillery.

I have no opinion on that except that the current patch seems too powerful.

--
Reinier Post