[Freeciv-Dev] Suggested changes to server/stdinhand.c: (PR#483)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggested changes to server/stdinhand.c: (PR#483)
From: freeciv@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 05:32:01 -0700 (PDT)

Full_Name: Erik Sigra
Version: cvs 2000-07-28
Client: Both (or N/A)
OS: SuSE GNU/Linux 6.4
Submission from: (NULL) (130.236.225.77)

1.
<http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/stdinhand.c#L937>
"The command-level controls which server commands are available to "
"players via the client chatline.  The available levels are:\n"
Should perhaps be "users" instead of "players"?

2.
<http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/stdinhand.c#L1508>
"Error creating new ai player: %s."
Should perhaps be "AI" instead of "ai" to be consistent with the rest of the
sources?

3.
<http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/stdinhand.c#L1538>
"Players cannot be removed once the game has started"
Should perhaps have a dot after the sentence to be consistent with similar
occurences?

4.
<http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/stdinhand.c#L1754>
"Cannot decrease command level '%s' for player '%s';"
" you only have '%s'."
and
<http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/stdinhand.c#L1762>
"Game: You now have access level '%s'."
What is the difference between "command level" and "access level" (or even
"command access level")? Why don't we use the same word instead of all the
occurences of thoose 3 strings? This would make it much less confusing for new
users and more consistent.

5.
<http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/stdinhand.c#L1812>
"Command level for first connections: %s" why plural for first connection? What
does it mean? The first 3 or the first 14?
Suggested: "Command level for the first connection: %s". That would make it
consistent with:
<http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/stdinhand.c#L1873>
"first connection command access level also raised to '%s'" where connection is
singular.

6.
<http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/stdinhand.c#L1908>
"Cannot change command access for unconnected player '%s'."
Suggest change to "Cannot change the..."

7.
<http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/stdinhand.c#L2500>
"Reduced maxplayers from %i to %i to fit"
"to the number of start positions."
I suggest splitting the word "fitto" into "fit to".

8.
<http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/stdinhand.c#L2600>
"Some commands take one or more parameters, separated by spaces.\n"
Just wondering about "parameters". You seem to have used "arguments" for the
same concept in the rest of the sources?

I thought I could put it all in 1 bug report, because it concerns 1 file in the
source. Please tell me if you want me to split it up.