[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggested changes to server/stdinhand.c: (PR#483)

To: freeciv@xxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggested changes to server/stdinhand.c: (PR#483)
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 08:53:10 -0400

At 2000/07/28 08:32 , freeciv@xxxxxxx wrote:
>5.
><http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/stdinhand.c#L1812>
>"Command level for first connections: %s" why plural for first connection?
What
>does it mean? The first 3 or the first 14?
>Suggested: "Command level for the first connection: %s". That would make it
>consistent with:
><http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/stdinhand.c#L1873>
>"first connection command access level also raised to '%s'" where
connection is
>singular.

Command level is weird.  The command "cmdlevel first" sets the command
level for connections of kind "first".  Connections of kind "first" include
the first connection made to the server.  They also include connections
made immediately after the first connection that was made has been severed.
 For example:
  - Player A connects - this is the current "first" connection
  - Player B connects
  - Player C connects
  - Player A disconnects - there is now *no* "first" connection
  - Player D connects - this becomes the new "first" connection
  - Player E connects
This is why the "first" connections may be plural.

Perhaps we should quote the word "first" in "Command level for first
connections: %s"?  Or, maybe we should change the cmdlevel command to use a
different discriminant -- like "cmdlevel controller", rather then "cmdlevel
first"?

jjm