[Freeciv-Dev] Re: First Version of the Swedish Translation ofFreeciv is

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: First Version of the Swedish Translation ofFreeciv is Now Availible!
From: Erik Sigra <freeciv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 19:32:32 +0200

Jeff Mallatt wrote:

> At 2000/07/27 07:50 , you wrote:
> >Hello all Freecivers,
> >
> >I have now completed a Swedish translation for Freeciv. I have given it
> >the version number 0.1. It is now availible for download from
> ><ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/sv.po.bz2>. I can be contacted
> >for comments at the e-mail address:
> >
> >freeciv@xxxxxxx
> >
> >Erik Sigra
> >

> I've looked at it, and it contains several errors.  You should always run
> check_po.pl on your .po file before submitting it.  The use of this script
> is described at <http://www.freeciv.org/l10n.phtml>.
>
> One problem that occurs a number of times is that you have a line that
> contains just:
>     msgstr
> but, 'msgstr' must be given an argument, even if it begins a multi-line entry:
>     msgstr ""
>     "one line"
>     "two line"
>
> This problem was not well reported by check_po.pl, so I just now modified
> it to report the line number at which the error occurred.  So, you'll want
> to retrieve the latest version directly from the CVS repository.

I have now downloaded, built and installed cvs, checked out freeciv from
cvs, and ran your newly modified script on my sv.po and made neccesary
changes it. Now, the script finds nothing to complain about. The new
version of sv.po is in
<ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/sv.po-0.2-.bz2>

> jjm

Erik Sigra