[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fascism patch for freeciv

To: Juan Cortes <cortes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fascism patch for freeciv
From: Gerhard Killesreiter <killesreiter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 27 Jul 2000 18:58:07 +0200

* "Juan" == Juan Cortes schrieb am Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:42:08 -0400 (EDT):

> [1 <text/plain; US-ASCII (7bit)>] At 2000/07/26 21:31 , Juan Cortes
> wrote:

>> We are finished the fascist patch for freeciv 1.11.0. We decided
>> don't include the fascism as a modpack because we modified the
>> source code for create a new Wonder called "Blitzkrieg". We'll
>> expect that this patch will be part of the news version of freeciv
>> if you are agree. Also, feel free in update the patch to the new
>> versions. Enjoy it.

I do not know, if you read freeciv-dev, therefore another answer. Your
use of the swastika-flag in your patch would make it illegal to
distribute freeciv in Germany if it were included.

Therefore I sincerely hope that this patch will not be included in any
version of freeciv. Why don't you make it a modpack? If somebody would
like to play fascism he could download it seperately. I personally do
not think that it is a neat idea to have such a patch or modpack at
all.
Regards,
        Gerhard