[Freeciv-Dev] How do u make win32 Freeciv

To: "Wong TM (Huang Deming)" <lookmeow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <danaloni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Freeciv-Dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] How do u make win32 Freeciv
From: akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx (Andreas Kemnade)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 21:20:19 +0200 (CEST)

Wong TM (Huang Deming) writes:
 > I would like to more know in detail how you make win32 Freeciv (parameters
 > used.....etc)

I usually compile it under Linux.
You can also compile it with the cygwin-tools:
export CC="gcc -mno-cygwin -fnative-struct"
./configure
make

I do the following:
export CC="i386-mingw32-gcc -fnative-struct"
export AR="i386-mingw32-ar"
export RANLIB="i386-mingw32-ranlib"
./configure

I have a gtk-config in ~/bin which gives the correct path for win32 gtk.

Then I have to correct the makefiles. I have to correct the libs
and the  path of the gtk includes. I have to remove everything about X11.
The server is linked with -lwsock32.
The client is linked with -lgtk-1.3 -lgdk-1.3 -lgdk_imlib -lglib-1.3
-lwsock32.
The config.h is to be replaced with the config.win32.h

Then I enter (big surprise): make
I do not use make install. I put it together by hand. I have to
convert the xpms to pngs. I load them with gimp and save them as png.

ImageMagick seems not work with transparent xpms.

The patch to the original freeciv-1.11.0 source can be found at
http://home.t-online.de/home/akemnade/civhome.html

Greetings,
Andreas Kemnade