[Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion/idea - the world is round

To: "Martin Christensen" <factotum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Freeciv-Dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion/idea - the world is round
From: "Wong TM (Huang Deming)" <lookmeow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 23:46:41 +0800

I was wondering what kind of algorithms should I use to divide a sphere into
equal area and what kind of coordinate system to map the sphere (including the
warp at the end of world).

But if somehow Freeciv manage to use openGL and represent the civ-world
texture-map onto a sphere, it will be quite a eye-candy. And smallkids will say
Freeciv is cool ;-).
       __