[Freeciv-Dev] [patch] dispersion (was: Syncing my freeciv with cvs 1.12

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] [patch] dispersion (was: Syncing my freeciv with cvs 1.12 ...)
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:16:01 -0400

At 2000/06/29 22:44 , Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
>On Fri, Jun 30, 2000 at 04:22:04AM +0200, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
>> Here are all patches I use locally for freeciv.
>>
>> dispersion.diff.bz2
>>
>>   Adds support for dispersing your units at start
>>   instead of keeping them all on single tile.
>>   Useful if you play with 10+5 instead of 2+1.

Nice idea (in fact, a friend asked for this a week or so ago).  The patch
needed some fixing, however.  The attached patch is Tomasz', plus:

- Updated to latest CVS.
- Saves the dispersion value to the save file.
- Forces the first unit (typically a Settlers) to be placed on the real
start position.
- Requires the dispersed units to remain on the same continent.
- Changes the help about the dispersion server option.  The "short help"
was too long (restrictions are explained in the definition of struct
settings_s near the top of stdinhand.c).  Shortened short help, and added
long help.
- Fixes bugs in dx,dy computation code.  The patch implemented its own
versions of map_adjust_x() and map_adjust_y() -- and did it wrong.  You
should always use these standard functions: they keep you from making
mistakes.

jjm