[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Marketplace, Danish leaders.

To: Martin Willemoes Hansen <mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Marketplace, Danish leaders.
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 18:55:35 -0400

Martin Willemoes Hansen (mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> In the help system there is a statement that the Marketplace would grant
> 50% more trade, I dont see this happen. Is it a bug or?

Marketplaces increase the tax (gold) and luxury output of the city by
50%.  They don't increase science, or overall trade.

A city with 10 trade "arrows", and a 20% tax rate, and with a Marketplace,
should generate 3 gold per turn.  (That's a 50% increase over the 2 gold
you'd get from 20% of 10 trade.)

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers