[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: game.ruleset

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: game.ruleset
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 21:17:10 -0400

At 2000/06/30 06:59 , Marko Lindqvist wrote:
> Moves special effect control from civstyle option to game.ruleset.

Here are Marko's patches, unified and updated to latest CVS.  I also made a
few changes:

- Changed the use of min_dist_bw_cities in settlers.c.  The code that is
already there is more restrictive than typical min_dist_bw_cities, so it
should be kept, but min_dist_bw_cities may be set to something very large,
so it needs to be used, as well.

- Left the civstyle in the code; did not change it to apollostyle.  Since
it is going away, I didn't want to pollute any save-games with a new name.
Also, see next.

- Changed the capability string to be optional.  Arranged the protocol
changes to allow old/new clients/servers to connect.

jjm