[Freeciv-Dev] Re: air unit goto broken (PR#435)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: air unit goto broken (PR#435)
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 09:12:38 -0400

At 2000/07/05 18:06 , Kero van Gelder wrote:

>> In some cases (I have a demo save-file) air/nuke units don't goto
>> correctly:
>
>Got one to.
>
>> - They go to intermediate cities when the destination is already
>>   within range (and, closer than the intermediate city).
>
>typo in naive_air_can_move_between() -- in second/linear phase.
>My error is fixed.
>Patch attached.

Your patch fixes this problem.  Thanks.

(BTW, the behavior with Nukes was interesting.  It would decide that it
couldn't get to the target, go to an intermediate city of mine -- and
*explode*!!)

>> - They follow railraods!
>
>Hmmm....
>Can you test the patch against these?

Even with your patch, they still try to follow railroads.  If they can't
get to their destination following railroads, they go striaght.  However,
if they can get there, they follow railroads.  I've never seen them waste
movement, so this may not be a big problem, but it looks really strange!

jjm