[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomat (investigating city) vanishes

To: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developpers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Diplomat (investigating city) vanishes
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 23:04:50 +0200

Hi,

Jeff Mallatt wrote:

> At 2000/06/26 12:34 , Christian Knoke wrote:
> >When the diplomat of the english city of Ekbatana
> >goes to Susa (persian, KI) and tries to investigate
> >city, it vanishes without any comment, no city
> >window appears.
> >
> >Messages all activated, of course.
> >
> >It's reproducable, savegame attached.
>
> I can't reproduce it.  If I leave all players AI-controlled, then the
> diplomat doesn't go to Susa.  If I make the English human-controlled and
> force the diplomat to go to Susa and investigate the city, I see the city
> dialog, and he dies (as he is supposed to) quietly.
                       ********************

Uhm, I've thought about it. It is a *feature*, that the diplomat dies
quietly, in the fog of war, isn't it? There *should* *be* no message of
any kind? Mmh, a little bit irretating. When he dies (killed by a
colleague), and you encounter that he deosn't exist any more, why
there isn't a message? I've seen this with other units, ok. But
when you have many cities and units poking around, how shall you
be able to track down, where your troops are gone? Why no message
that they are dead?

> jjm

Regards

Chris