[Freeciv-Dev] boer.ruleset

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] boer.ruleset
From: Gerhard Killesreiter <killesreiter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 14:38:19 +0200 (MDT)

Hi!

I appreciate the inclusion of the Boers into Freeciv.
However, I found some bugs in the ruleset. Initially I had the idea to
sort the cities by their founding date. I could not find any resources
on the net so only the first three (maybe four) are in that order. I
could add more cities, if the need exists.

Changes:

- Fixes spelling ( Kapstadt (German) -> Kaapstad (Afrikaans))
- Removes cities without Afrikaanse names, assuming that they have not
been founded by them
- reorders the names of the leaders (Pretorius Wessel -> Wessel
Pretorius)
- adds more leaders

Please send comments directly to me, as I'm not on the list.

Cheers,
        Gerhard

[nation_boer]

name=_("Boer")
plural=_("?plural:Boers")
leader= "Jacobus Pretorius", "Louis Botha", "Wessel Pretorius", "Paulus
Krüger", "Piet Retief", "Jan Smuts"
leader_sex= "Male", "Male", "Male", "Male", "Male", "Male"
flag="f.boer"
flag_alt = "-"
city_style = "European"

attack=1
expand=2
civilized=1
advisors=100,100,100,100,100,100,100
tech_goals = "The Republic", "Trade", "Engineering", "Gunpowder",
             "Railroad", "Explosives"
wonder= "Magellan's Expedition"
government= "Communism"

cities =
  "Kaapstad", "Stellenbosch", "Swellendam", "Graaff-Reinet",
  "Johannesburg", "Oudtshoorn", "Vereeniging",
  "Bloemfontein", "Welkom", "Bethlehem", "Nieu-Bethesda",
  "Pretoria", "De Aar", "Middelburg", "Springbok", "Uitenhage",
  "Paarl", "Potchefstroom", "Leliesfontein",
  "Nelspruit", "Pietermaritzburg",
  "Lydenburg", "Ermelo", "Klerksdorp",
  "Vryburg", "Hotazel", "Postmasburg", "Pofadder",
  "Kenhardt", "Vanrhynsdorp", "Bitterfontein",
  "Potgietersrus", "Waterkloof"