[Freeciv-Dev] Re: minimap city colors?

To: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: minimap city colors?
From: Daniel Zinsli <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 20 Jun 2000 23:32:11 +0200

Robert Rendell <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Unlike the paycivs, Freeciv doesn't appear have a single colour for each
> race, but rather a map image.  It would be neat (but probably tricky) if
> the game could assign a unique colour to each race in the current game,
> perhaps by picking the most prevalent colour on their flag, although
> three-colour flags like the French or Roman wouldn't work.  You probably
> couldn't simply statically assign the colours by hand in the race ruleset
> files, because there are going to be too many clashes between all the
> races.

Here's an idea:

Have each player select a unique color at the start of the game (or
auto-assign) and draw a small rectangular border in that color around
all the units and cities of that nation. (client toggable)

This way, we could add tons of nations without worrying about clashing
flags (persian/italians?)

What do you think?

--
Daniel Zinsli