[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Little patch to worklist and help build wonder

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Little patch to worklist and help build wonder
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 10:59:25 -0400

At 2000/06/13 02:15 , rutger@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>Help build wonder button (helpbuildwonder.diff):
>
>* 'help build wonder' button also displays shields left for wonder.
>  Reason: with a lot of caravan's walking around, I have problems
>  keeping track of the shields left for a wonder. For example, I don't
>  want to help with a wonder when the shields less then 10.

A couple of problems:

- You should use our non-overflowing versions of string functions:
  - sz_strlcpy() rather than strcpy()
  - sz_strlcat() rather than strcat()
  - my_snprintf() rather than sprintf()

- You should internationalize your strings.

Also, you could use a single string to simplify the code, and simplify the
translators' lives.  Just _("Help build _Wonder (%d to go)") [note the _()
to internationalize the string].

jjm