[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI Generally

To: stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI Generally
From: "I.Q." <iquin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 00:50:09 -0400 (EDT)

>         A) I'm not seeing the volunteers and code.  Since 1.7, there have
> been about 3 people submit major AI changing patches.  There have been a
> lot more than that on other parts of the program.
That is because coders do not improve on something they cannot understand.

>         C) Nothing is stopping people from producing a separate
> "client-like" network AI.  No one's done it.  This is easier than
> modifying the server.
You can write your client AI, but before you finish, new version of
freeciv would render your AI incompatible.
AFAICR more than one person have written some sort of client AI before,
published or unpublished.

Regards,
I.Q.
FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com