[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI Generally

To: Andrew McGuinness <cogers@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI Generally
From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 18:17:20 +0100

On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 09:58:04AM -0700, Andrew McGuinness wrote:

> As has been pointed out, the current AI doesn't keep
> state, but a good one would.  It would be really neat
> if the client-server protocol included a generic
> "player memory" that could be used by human players to
> keep notes.

On the other hand, a good AI might not suffer too much if it had its
state wiped -- it should be able to gradually recreate it.

For example, if I aitoggle into an AI, it should be able to
cope. Similarly, if an AI lost its state on a reload of a saved game,
it should cope.

(This is not to say that it wouldn't be useful to be able to save state)

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable