Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch for no huts on arctic nor antartic

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch for no huts on arctic nor antartic
From: cyb97 <cyb97@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 00:06:17 +0100

On 31.05.2000 03:13:12, the guilty party (ie. Stephen Hodge), stuck his/her
head out with the following anouncement:
>Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
>> You know why.
>> But if one of you don't,
>> 1) arctic_huts are not displayed on normal map
>> 2) arctic_huts are not payciv-compat
>
>Not true, CivII does put huts on the artic squares. I'm almost certain
>I've got a save game that verifies this, I'll check it later.
>
>> 3) arctic_huts are not realistic
I know I'm a bit late... Why aren't that realistic.. aren't we being a bit
judgemental here? Remember there are and there were civilisations living in the
iceage, some in caves, some
in igloos, and probably some in huts as well... Parts of Russia, Norway,
Sweden, Canada and not to forget Greenland are officially artic, and people has
been living there since
god know when... So artic huts _are_ realistic...

>> 4) arctic_huts are unfair source of gold/science etc.
why?

--
andreas landmark
cyb97 / noXtension