Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#349)

To: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#349)
From: Scott Kullberg <sekullbe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08 May 2000 15:17:29 -0400

Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I've been unable to reproduce this bug on linux.  Maybe you could give
> some more info?

Sure.

I'm running RedHat, a mix of 6.1 and 6.2 RPMs (I started with 5.1 and
have been upgrading individual RPMs for a while). My XF86 stuff is
version 3.3.6 but I'm using the NVidia TNT X server instead of the
standard XF86_SVGA server.

Under Solaris the extra memory is given up by the X server when Freeciv
exits; under Linux it stays allocated, at least according to 'top'. I
don't have access to the Solaris machine any more though.

Are there any debug flags or libraries I can recompile with in order to
get better info on the memory usage?

--
Scott E Kullberg <*>  sekullbe@{mediaone.net|mit.edu} --><--
 "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless of course