Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: creating Tileset

To: thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: creating Tileset
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 17:57:42 +1000 (EST)

Thomas Snyder wrote:

> I am having trouble loading a tile set that I have created.  I have modified
> a trident tileset and placed it in <pathtohome>/.freeciv/<mytileset>/ and I
> have created a mytileset.tilespec file, but when I start the client with
> -tiles <mytileset> the default tileset is loaded.  I can load engels.  When
> I start the client with -d 2 I am told that it is reading the correct file.
> However I did not state that my tileset was to use <mytileset>/road.spec I
> left that as trident/roads.spec but the client said that it was using
> <mytileset>/road.spec .  Why?

Strange.  Could you tell us the exact output when starting the
client with "-d 2" (eg, cut and paste, if possible).  Also
actually attaching your tilespec and spec files may help us
see what is wrong.

Oh, which exact version of freeciv are you using?  (Probably
doesn't matter, but never know.)

> Also, where is the damn Wale.  I can not find the little guy anywere.

You mean where in the graphics files?  In tiles.xpm in the group
of specials near top right underneath the nuclear explosion.
(At least in the standard graphics files; via spec files you
could put it anywhere you like, as long as "ts.whales" corresponds
to the right file+position.)

-- David