Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Isometric view

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Isometric view
From: Asher Densmore-Lynn <jesdynf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 04:53:00 -0500

On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 11:28:10AM +0200, Alexandre BERAUD wrote:

> Hum, 117 people want it, 52 want it an option (which means they don't
> think they'll use it) and 104 people don't want it. What should we
> conclude ?

More people don't want it than do, so don't make it mandatory.

Beyond that... to quote the Great Implementor, "feel free".

At least, that's what *I*'d conclude. Myself, I wouldn't use
it. If I wanted an isometric view, I'd've tilted my monitor
45 degrees already. On the other hand, if it's just a matter
of a tileset and some portable client trickery, why not?

--
Asher Densmore-Lynn <jesdynf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>