Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: bug x 2 (PR#333)

To: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: bug x 2 (PR#333)
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 22:22:25 +0200

[...]
> This can be repeated with following script:
>
> create comp
> set ysize 80
> normal
> (then client connects and...)
> start
> (client selects his nation)
> crash!

both bugs were caused by the players map being inittialized with default
x and y values, and then the values got changed later. Then a segfault
when it tried to acces a tile that was not there.
This was not caught before as I have only tested on maps smaller/equal
too the standard size... :/

So when starting a new game, when creating a player I do NOT allocate his
map (but instaed do it later)

Thanks for being an unvilling beta tester.

-Thue