Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [bug and patch]Show correct year in messages to clien

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [bug and patch]Show correct year in messages to client
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 14:03:02 -0400

At 2000/04/05 11:00 , Thue Janus Kristensen wrote:
>Previously the message sent to the messagebox was one year off (the one that
>you saw in the panel was ok)

I've noticed this, and it's really irked me, but I never got around to
looking at it.  Thanks!

The patch does change when the year is printed.  It makes it look like
activities are completed at the end of a year, rather than at the
beginning.  Does anyone find this objectionable?  (I don't.)

One minor problem:  Since you added the first translatable string to
gamehand.c, you need to add support for it.  This means:

1. Make sure

    #ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
    #include <config.h>
    #endif

appears just after the header in the file.  In the case of gamehand.c, it
was already there.

2. Make sure to

    #include "fcintl.h"

in the appropriate place in the file.  In the case of gamehand.c, this was
missing.

3. Add the file to the po/POTFILES.in file.  In the case of gamehand.c,
this is a line that looks like:

    server/gamehand.c

just after "server/diplhand.c".

The attached patch adds this support.