Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Connect bug

To: jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: dnh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Connect bug
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 14:57:43 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 Jeff Mallatt wrote:

> At 2000/02/22 15:36 , dnh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >It seems that after using the connect bug if you stop it before it reaches
> >its target square, it wont cancel... it will still have the c on it after
> >you have clicked on it and moved it. The only way I could remove the c was
> >to use a different command (sentry). This happened while I was inside a
> >city (just incase it was only a special case)
>
> Yup.  It's a special case.  If a settler is in a city, while performing a
> connect (e.g., irrigation), open the city dialog and press Activate Units
> -- the "C" indicator will remain, but the activity indicator (e.g., "I")
> will disappear.
>
> I'm confused as to why this is happening!!

The problem seems to be in client/packhand.c#handle_unit_info(),
where there is special code to detect activity changes and repaint
accordingly, but punit->connecting is only changed near the end
and does not trigger repainting.

But trying to follow handle_unit_info() I am now too confused to
see exactly what should be repainted when and what changes with what
and what the appropriate fix would be...

-- David