Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: gui-gtk GoTo Dialog patch

To: sroh7497@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: gui-gtk GoTo Dialog patch
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 14:17:58 +1000 (EST)

Stepan Roh <sroh7497@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This ultra-small patch is against the file client/gui-gtk/gotodlg.c (CVS
> from 23 March 2000) and implements one missing CivII feature : when city
> is building wonder, it's name is shown in GoTo/Airlift Dialog. It's good
> for help-building-wonder-caravans.

> I'm not subscribed to this list. Send emails to
> sroh7497@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That sounds like a useful feature, but there are some problems with
the patch:

- Need to check pcity->is_building_unit as well as
  is_wonder(pcity->currently_building)

- Should check pcity->owner == game.player_idx to avoid showing
  wonder-production of enemy cities (various issues here whether
  this info should be available, but this check would be simplest).

- The patch doesn't work!! :-}
  Because the name in the list is used to find which city it is,
  and when you add the wonder name it no longer matches.  Seems like
  bad widget/dialog design to me, but more extensive changes required
  to fix.  (There is an existing kludge to cope with the airport
  "(A)" label.)

Regards,
-- David