Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: ability to choose random nation (PR#308)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: ability to choose random nation (PR#308)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:08:08 +0100

> >I think when the dialog comes up it should have a random nation
> >pre-selected (and reselect of someone else choses it), and then
> >if you don't want to think you just press ok.

And I think - someone else suggested it - I want a client side option
to make the choice for me.  In ~/.civclientrc:

preferred_nation = Dutch,me
preferred_nation = Egyptians,Cleopatra
preferred_nation = Americans,Voodoo Economics
ruler_name = me  # in case all my preferred nations are taken
gender = M
citystyle = classic

> Great idea!  No extra buttons or worries -- just some init-time twiddling.

Even better: no dialog at all!  Random selection would apply when the
preselected options are exhausted.

--
Reinier