Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: ability to choose random nation (PR#308)

To: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: ability to choose random nation (PR#308)
From: Daniel Zinsli <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17 Mar 2000 03:10:19 +0100

Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Anyway, I was thinking that if I don't want to think, I really don't want
> to think!  How about, rather than an extra toggle, adding a button at the
> bottom that both selects a random nation and closes the dialog, all in one?

Good idea. I've hacked together something here, but I'm not sure how to
handle the select race race :-)

Should we add a select_random_nation server function, or:
Do the random selection on the client side, checking in
handle_select_nation for a reject.
If we do get a reject, generate a new random and resend, until we get an
ok from the server.

--
Daniel Zinsli
University of Bergen, Norway