Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: ability to choose random nation (PR#308)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: ability to choose random nation (PR#308)
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:56:44 -0500

At 2000/03/16 02:13 , Mika Korhonen wrote:

>Sometimes it's just fun start playing without bothering to think about the
>nation. This one lets the destiny choose the nation for you.
>
>The patch is against CVS snapshot on March 15. It adds the choice "Any" at
>the end of the nation list with leader named "Nobody". In case "Any" is
>toggled and OK clicked, the nation id is randomized.
>
>This applies the gtk client only. Feel free to do any changes. I just
>tested it quickly and it seemed to work quite well for such hack, at least
>for single player. Better implementation is certainly welcome :-)

Unfortunately, the CVS has changed significantly since you generated your
patch, so it no longer works.

Anyway, I was thinking that if I don't want to think, I really don't want
to think!  How about, rather than an extra toggle, adding a button at the
bottom that both selects a random nation and closes the dialog, all in one?

jjm